Mick

> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago
> 30 days ago

Maus > Drmaus's Comments

Drmaus's Comments

I admire the people who will fix items rather than junk and replace them, but for cars most of us are limited in what we know how to do to extend their lives. Ed sounds like he knows his stuff. My last purchase has defective paint that is slowly peeling off the entire car and looking as sad as a parrot plucking all its feathers out, but I've had so little trouble with it in 12 years that I'd definitely get the same kind again.
Comment on A Car Story - Mar 25, 2017 1:27 PM ()
They really have that? that's great.
Comment on Pi Pie ... - Mar 14, 2017 1:50 PM ()
Never saw that movie, but I admit I think of dueling banjos when I have driven through some areas further east. He is so lucky they chose this city for the jury pool, which is all the way across the state, instead of stopping somewhere closer like Harrisburg or Lancaster or Chambersburg.
Comment on Jury - Mar 14, 2017 10:29 AM ()
I like your saying about the piano in the room. Recently, Ruth Ginsburg's saying that the most important person in her life was her personal trainer - impressed me. I can believe it, because regaining fitness felt remarkable to me awhile back. Have to restart, though.
Comment on Fighting Sloth - Mar 12, 2017 11:58 AM ()
I wanted to add this if you decide to go full twitter --

For safety, I’d recommend NOT putting your location or building name. In fact, for the purposes of addressing general community problems like this you may not want to use your full name as the Twitter account owner; you can put “Happy Guy Online” or something as your name. Someone on Twitter may figure out where it is you’re talking about, and I don’t want to hear about your being targeted by thieves as a result of tweeting too much information.
Comment on A Vacation--not Voluntary--from the Internet - Mar 11, 2017 9:56 AM ()
Ah, the magic of cupcakes. I can picture a long stream of people with little kids in line for it. Reminds me of way long ago when Pogue's department store (I think, or Shillito's) had a sort of Christmas candyland giveaway that took up a big part of the upper floor.
Comment on Walmart Free Cupcake This Sunday - Mar 11, 2017 9:38 AM ()
I can understand your frustration. When companies have such poor communication lines for customers, we must have workarounds. You have a Twitter account, I hope? Companies do pay attention to their twitter presences. Write a series of tweets about this, starting with how long you were without service, how many people it involved, and that you’re a senior community.

And most importantly, start each post with @att to draw it to their attention. You can include at the end of each tweet hashtags like #attoutage . The more that hashtag is repeated, the better, so put it in each tweet.

The next time your service goes down, go out in the neighborhood and find a phone or computer to borrow to make new tweets.
Comment on A Vacation--not Voluntary--from the Internet - Mar 11, 2017 9:27 AM ()
What a good thing you have Jose, a lap-sized dog. Perfect. I have only seen Bus Stop in 2 movie versions, the Marilyn one and Margot Kidder. I liked both.
Comment on Fun, Weather and Dogs - Mar 10, 2017 9:13 AM ()
Do you hire contractors to do the river work? ... I've never seen chihuahua cake before.
Comment on Springish - Mar 8, 2017 1:02 PM ()
That people believe those bullet points is a failure of public education. Your last point is the most worrisome, when people don’t trust scientists who work directly against disease outbreaks. Distrust of the source makes things so much harder. So sad when it takes events like the Ohio outbreak of measles in that Amish community to change willingness to vaccinate.
Comment on Immunizations - Mar 2, 2017 9:53 AM ()

Page 1 of 144   Next >>   [1,438 comments found]