Teal

18 hours ago
20 hours ago
7 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

i was once so annoyed that the stalls were coin operated that i climbed over the top, but then had to slither under to get out. incidentally, it is now mandatory that free toilet stalls should be part of what is offered. As for the floors, looking clean or not, i'd be tempted to shower once i got home. so here's to you, sweet thing. good going.
Comment on Trapped - Apr 29, 2017 9:47 PM ()
I am not impressed with tiny. Where would I put my grand piano (6 ft-2 in.)? Besides, I like to spend time in different rooms. I could easily live in a 30 room house and taste a room a day. I can still spend time outdoors. Having indoor options doesn't interfere with that.
Comment on Furniture - Apr 20, 2017 9:01 AM ()
Thanks for response . I am much better but still haven't returned to work-outs. Comes a time in each day, when I fear relapse. I use a hard ice pack, the kind you put in coolers; it lasts all night. I enclose it in a plastic bag, and use a beach bag around that. Alternatively, I'd wrap a terry cloth small towel around it and secure with safety pins. It totally solves the problem. it can either cool your pillow, or what works lately for me is just putting it between my thighs. Sometimes I don't need it at all. Can't figure that one out.
Comment on Being Out of It, Free Love Advice, Free Bed Advice - Apr 17, 2017 11:50 AM ()
I am not planting anything. I threatened to cut down bougainveilla bush, however, that Ed thinks will die if you trim too much. Won't let me order it done. I'll need a ladder. If I do that, I'll be in bed for a week. And maybe he'll get a divorce. I'm still brooding about it.
Comment on Gardening with Help[ - Apr 14, 2017 7:20 AM ()
it's heartbreaking. They give love unconditionally and bring joy to our lives. We have to take heart in knowing we gave them love in return and a comfortable life. I still grieve for the cats I have lost. So very sorry.
Comment on Angel's in Heaven - Apr 12, 2017 11:42 AM ()
How frustrating but at least there is an end in sight. Our winter season getting worse each year as snowbirds and tourists come down in greater numbers. A 15-minute trip to get home sometimes takes an hour. There is only one road on and off Matlacha, where I live, and Pine Island, next to us. And there are constant efforts to strike down zoning laws that prohibit big building on Pine Island. Also Cape Coral wants to annex Matlacha. We're fighting to stay free. They would love to have our tax base.
Comment on Oh Woe! - Apr 12, 2017 6:42 AM ()
My happiest time was early years of being with Jay before he got sick, and my working life at The Times, before management changed. My current life lacks the kick, but is comfortable and pleasant and, other than dealing with a man determined to not follow any orders from his doctor, reasonably happy.

One especially great time was editing a service for overseas conglomerates. I researched financial news. One time, Jay called and asked "what's up" and I answered "soybean futures!!" and we had a great laugh over that. He was so pleased that I had found a focus and was happy with the work.
Comment on The Best Times of Our Lives - Apr 12, 2017 6:29 AM ()
Both Chicago and New York where I lived before moving to Florida, had routinely 90 degree days in July and August. And I also remember what it was like before everybody had air conditioning. Had a fan under my desk at my then office at the Chicago Convetion Bureau, trained it on my legs. Sleeveless dresses weren't "ladylike". What a repressive time.
Comment on I Have Met My Waterloo! - Apr 2, 2017 8:50 AM ()
I have stayed with cats, because when I was walking Buster three times a day, I realized I couldn't do it without a break. Ed said he would walk him. He doesn't help with the litter, he doesn't like getting up earlier, unless he has to for his guardian duties. No, it would all have been me. You seem to have more energy than I do. I applaud your dedication to chores and animals. I get my doggy fix by being kind to the dogs of my friends. Saw Buster last on Christmas Day when he sat on my lap, happy to see me. So very sorry that was the last time.
Comment on Best Dogs Ever - Apr 2, 2017 8:45 AM ()
i am in favor of vaccines for most but i am one who refuses the flu vaccine. my mom, whose biology i mirror, always became very ill after getting a flu shot. when she stopped getting the shot, she didn't get ill anymore. i have been refusing for years, and have still not gotten the flu, so i'll stay with what works for me.
Comment on Immunizations - Mar 30, 2017 9:48 AM ()

Page 1 of 597   Next >>   [5,966 comments found]