Teal

4 days ago
5 days ago
7 days ago
> 30 days ago

Teal's Modest Adventures > Tealstar's Comments

Tealstar's Comments

It is tragic when a valuable part of the past closes for lack of funds. Could they not get enough students? I wonder if the buildings will be repurposed, or torn down by a developer.
Comment on Sad News - July 11, 2018 9:24 AM ()
I too fear what the remaining future will bring. I am living day to day and trying not to think about it. There's a facility Ed uses for his wards where one buys in for $100,000 or so and they are never evicted, but cared for, if they outlive their money. He said I should think about that and I said, if there is no room for my piano, they can shove it, and, also, who wants to live with old people? living in the community keeps you involved and exposes you to a range of possibilities. If you are still thinking that is. Ed has dinner there with his ward Luella every month or so. She has a table full of her friends. Her big thing is saving the daily newspaper horoscope and reading it to them. Kill me now, I said. Smarts in the elderly is an endangered condition. I won't diss them but I don't want to live with them either.
Comment on Tomorrow is Another Day - July 5, 2018 7:27 AM ()
I too wish more of us would post life events on Greasy. I won't do that on Facebook ... I don't trust it with personal information. Jose sounds wonderful.
Comment on Heat - July 5, 2018 7:15 AM ()
When I walked outside I met a lot of people and their dogs and it was a great way to learn the neighborhood. But now I'm using the treadmill. It's too hot out and I have to cover up. You have more stamina than I do. I can't do plant work. I did some years ago and then the hurricanes came and destroyed my handiwork and I lost heart. Really sorry you have to go through the car mishap. There are people out there who will milk a situation to death. I had the same situation ... the ticket even said no damage, but my insurance company still paid them and raised our rates.
Comment on Capturing Peace - June 30, 2018 10:10 PM ()
very interesting. Could one do the same using a regular globe and eyeballing an imaginary line through to the other side? Sort of place a finger on your location, and place a second finger on the other side at the same latitude? Yes? xx, T
Comment on Dig Through to China - June 28, 2018 12:23 PM ()
No skunks around here yet, though we do get the occasional palm rat. Had to come to Florida to get an education in insects and vermin "bigger than a bread box".
Comment on Working Yard or Yardly Working - June 26, 2018 5:38 AM ()
Your reunion sounds lovely. Ed organized a reunion of his cousins a few years ago -- some traveled from distant points. It was held at the Red Lion Inn (in the Berkshires) and was a great success. Some were meeting each other for the first time. I was told the Inn didn't rent out the 4th floor because it had ghosts.
Comment on Southern Family Reunions and Complications - June 24, 2018 6:26 AM ()
We were told by the shelter manager that he would have to be watched and treated aggressively if he got sick because his immune system wasn't going to help him much. He has lost weight, his fur is not full, he has a skin infection that has to be treated, but is acting normally, is affectionate, wakes me up to walk on my stomach, not hiding, eager to go out to the pool area, eating normally. We love our Ziggy.
Comment on Different Things - June 20, 2018 10:54 AM ()
sorry there is a financial consideration stopping you from telling your sister to f off. Can you tell her kindly that you find her endless curiosity troublesome. Ask her if she thinks her money means she owns you. Well, I guess you can't do that. Is her financial assistance worth it?
Comment on H - June 17, 2018 8:02 AM ()
please look into a non lethal solution for getting rid of the groundhogs. are they destructive. can't you live and let live? If not, then please find another way.
Comment on Groundhog, Interrupted - June 17, 2018 7:57 AM ()

Page 1 of 610   Next >>   [6,097 comments found]