Laura

10 hours ago
2 days ago
7 days ago
22 days ago

This Oughta Be Good > Troutbend's Comments

Troutbend's Comments

Las Vegas has gotten more moisture in the last couple of months than fell here in Colorado. If the weather doesn't straighten out, this summer is going to be very hot and dry. I'm considering storing the family photographs in town in case of fire because there are so many boxes it would take a long time to load them into a vehicle if we were told to evacuate. Take it easy out there - drink lots of fluids, and I don't mean margaritas.
Comment on I Have Met My Waterloo! - Mar 22, 2017 6:42 PM ()
That's cute. Now I wish I'd gone to the store on the 14th.
Comment on Pi Pie ... - Mar 15, 2017 7:08 PM ()
Have you seen the movie Bernie starring Jack Black? There is a plot element of getting people from another county to be on a jury, and one of the outtakes was: "those cousin-countin rednecks over there, I mean they got more tattoos than they have teeth, and there ain't a brain in the dozen of them, and they're gonna have to decide something important like this" and several other pithy put-downs. The thing is that the movie is based on a true story, so somewhere in Texas or wherever there must be a county full of people who have been insulted. If the put-downs were true or semi-true, they probably don't realize it, might even be flattered.

But I agree with you on the Bill Cosby thing. I wish some other folk whom I shall not name here would be called to task for their handsy-ness.
Comment on Jury - Mar 13, 2017 8:56 PM ()
Sounds yummy.
Comment on Instant Bliss - Mar 12, 2017 9:41 AM ()
The first warm weather always inspires me to spring clean the house. If it's a false spring, I sit really still until the mood passes.
Comment on Spring Foolery - Mar 9, 2017 4:24 PM ()
My mother was born a few days after you, and she left home at age 16 to move to Denver. After she graduated from business school there, where she met my dad, she moved up to the next town to where he lived and had an apartment upstairs in Mr. and Mrs. Thompson's house. We visited them often when I was growing up and our favorite thing was to sleep over in that place our mom lived one time.
Comment on My Budget in L947 - Mar 4, 2017 9:21 PM ()
Yes, says it all.
Comment on This Says it All! - Mar 1, 2017 7:22 PM ()
Thanks for the update, I think back to when you lived in Mexico and how much we enjoyed the stories of your life down there. It was sad that conditions down there deteriorated so badly that you had to leave, but it brought you back to Oklahoma where you continue to make a difference.
Comment on Sheepish Appearance on Greasy - Feb 26, 2017 9:19 AM ()
Are you going to have a Great Martin's Oscar Party?

Many times I've thought the supporting actor/actress did a better job than the lead.
Comment on My Oscar Picks - Feb 25, 2017 3:03 PM ()
Sounds exciting to have something to get started on and look forward to the final product.
Comment on Writing a Book - Feb 22, 2017 9:54 PM ()

Page 1 of 800   Next >>   [7,999 comments found]