Laura

1 day ago
9 days ago
15 days ago
> 30 days ago

This Oughta Be Good > Troutbend's Comments

Troutbend's Comments

We have a lot of Mexican restaurants around here, so know a thing or two about heat from chilies, but the first time we went to an Indian restaurant we discovered a whole new realm of heat. It was different from Mexican type, and hotter than we could have imagined. The only way to cool it down was with the little tiny bit of yogurt sauce they provide. So we don't usually seek out that type of restaurant. There is a Nepalese buffet near here - Mt. Everest Cafe, owned by Sherpas - and it's quite a bit like what you describe. Not much spicy heat, lots of sloppy looking stews, but we like it for a change of pace. I can see why you wanted to know what you were having, in case some day you are at a place where you'd order off the menu, would want something you knew you liked.
Comment on Indian Harbor Restaurant--a Review - July 20, 2017 12:08 PM ()
Did you open up the bottom plate and give it a good cleaning inside there? Thread might have gotten wrapped around a spindle. Some of the older machines need to be oiled - I was never good at that. Oh, I hate it when people come up with easy solutions that I've already tried, so please forgive me if you've done this.
Comment on Sewing and Stuff - July 20, 2017 11:40 AM ()
Nice to see the letter was updated to mention Trump. It's so old hat to receive a stale phising letter.
Comment on A Laugh at a Phish - July 19, 2017 7:48 PM ()
Sounds lovely. I'd rather go somewhere like that than a fancier place.
Comment on Catfish Dewey's--restaurant Review - July 17, 2017 6:10 PM ()
I hope some magic fixes that nerve quickly. As part of our disaster readiness training I went through an acupuncture session that was supposed to alleviate PTSD in people who'd been through a disaster. Maybe it helped some - now I don't get anxious when it rains a lot or I hear helicopters flying over.
Comment on Vicissitudes and Such - July 14, 2017 7:33 PM ()
I googled it - http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-02-07/news/9201120139_1_show-horses-murder-conspiracy-two-other-killings

The police eventually did solve it, and prison time was served, and George Jayne's murderer was in turn murdered upon his release from prison in a dispute over a dog.
Comment on Early Memories - July 10, 2017 6:25 PM ()
George's death and attempted death: he must have been an interesting character.
Comment on Early Memories - July 10, 2017 6:21 PM ()
Well, if *you* like it, then it really is worth watching.
Comment on "The Big Sick"--best Movie of the Year So Far But - July 8, 2017 6:44 AM ()
Is Arby's better than it used to be about 30 years ago? I remember it as a sort of pressed meat sliced thin that I didn't think tasted like roast beef at all and horsey sauce. But now they advertise 'Meats as they are meant to be' and make it sound exciting and good. It looks like they have a sandwich that is 100% bacon, which looks like it's real bacon.
Comment on For Those Who Couldn't Read the Videos from Last W - July 3, 2017 12:37 PM ()
The blood tests are so much more detailed now, we can't get away with anything.
Comment on A Pinched Nerve, and Other Stuff - July 1, 2017 2:37 PM ()

Page 1 of 806   Next >>   [8,058 comments found]