Laura

5 days ago
5 days ago
22 days ago
29 days ago

This Oughta Be Good > Troutbend's Comments

Troutbend's Comments

Every time I think about that country, I think of llamas and altitude sickness, but looks like Lima is at sea level.
Comment on Ceviche Street Restaurant--review - Nov 20, 2017 3:38 PM ()
Here I was, thinking Lady Bird Johnson. Saw the early reference to teenagers and virginity, thought "Wow! I guess it covers quite a bit of her life that we never thought about."

Finally dawned on me that it's not going to inform us about her beautify American highways efforts involving the banning of billboards. Also, for some reason when I think of her, I think of those blue bonnet wildflowers that are such a big deal in Texas. It might have been that that billboards were keeping people from seeing those flowers properly.

The younger generations probably didn't have my handicap - "Lady Bird" wouldn't mean the same thing to them.
Comment on "Lady Bird"--a Movie Review - Nov 19, 2017 4:04 PM ()
What a nice idea. I like the idea of relaxing with a nice beverage while cooking dinner. Mine would be a whisky sour, but second choice would be margarita. Lately the casinos have been giving away liquor for loyalty gifts instead of cheap dishes from China, so we've expanded our inventory to Green Apple Schnapps, Jagermeister, and Wild Turkey American Honey liqueur.
Comment on The Social Amenities ... - Nov 18, 2017 2:03 PM ()
This may be insensitive, but I feel like there needs to be a universal agreement that in decades past what is now considered sexual harassment took place on a routine basis, and some of that was due to how the roles of men and women were defined at the time.

And we'll all agree that it was wrong, never should have happened, maybe some of it was more egregious than others, but we all need to move forward; as a Billy Bob Thornton character said: "I don't dwell on the past...that's why it's called the past." Otherwise, the entire country will be bogged down in witch hunts and trying to figure out what is or isn't serious enough to change lives.

Unfortunately this would absolve Trump from his self-proclaimed ##### grabbing, but obviously there's a large number of people who didn't think that was such a big deal, and he has done and will continue to do things that hopefully are going to get him into real trouble - as you've alluded to up above.

As Honeybugg might say: Y'r Pickin' My Battles Friend: Laura
Comment on Politics - Nov 17, 2017 4:29 PM ()
I always enjoy your restaurant reviews.
Comment on Q-bar Burgers & Blues--restaurant Review - Nov 13, 2017 6:35 PM ()
Speaking of Stephen King reminds me of how he described the way he gets ideas for his stories - saw a state trooper working an accident scene where a car went into the ditch = a scary story, I can't remember what story came from it.
Comment on The Mist - Yuck. - Nov 10, 2017 12:25 PM ()
Where's the people?
Comment on Another Part of My World - Nov 9, 2017 4:42 PM ()
Half a common adage + Half another one sounds like a fun word game. A stitch in time is worth 1000 words: figure out which one applies in a given context. - A little bit Yogi Berra, but his were clever. Mold smell drives me nuts.
Comment on Water, Critters and ... Critters(.org) - Nov 7, 2017 12:44 PM ()
I like plots like that, especially when I'm able to re-watch if I need to.
Comment on "Wonderstruck"--a Movie Review - Nov 6, 2017 8:52 PM ()
Sounds like a fun night for you. Porch light off on Halloween is the accepted signal in many parts of the country, has nothing to do with sex offenders, regardless of what some town in Massachusetts wants to think.
Comment on Halloween - Nov 2, 2017 12:16 PM ()

Page 1 of 813   Next >>   [8,130 comments found]