Laura

5 days ago
6 days ago
14 days ago
> 30 days ago

This Oughta Be Good > Troutbend's Comments

Troutbend's Comments

I've been noticing more popups lately, too - in the form of whole windows rather than a dialog box over the top of my active window. I have a popup blocker but they didn't seem to be affected by it. Spent some time trying to figure out the cause/cure, and don't think I figured anything out, or if I did, I forgot. It seems like there are fewer of them, but once in awhile there is one, so I didn't cure it totally. This is on a Mac.
Comment on Avoid This Virus - Apr 25, 2017 5:57 PM ()
Those naked dirt beds make it looking like a housing project. It seems like letting a bunch of old folks celebrate the seasons is comparable with therapy dogs and cats coming into a nursing home to cheer people up. Are the new owners trying to modernize it so it will appear to young moderns, kick out those messy old people and bring in some streamlined modernists?
Comment on Does 'Being Uniform' Mean Boring? Being Bland? - Apr 24, 2017 6:22 PM ()
It sounds like a rehearsal for a tornado - gets your attention, but doesn't wipe out whole houses. That's what I wish our flood could have been - a lighter version.
Comment on Friday's Flood and Storm - Apr 23, 2017 3:20 PM ()
The tiny houses idea is a big deal around here, Tumbleweed is in Colo Springs. https://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/

To me they are like a better built recreational trailer house. When I was trying to decide what to do with my flood-damaged cabin I looked at buying one of those big fifth wheel trailers and parking it on that lot to rent out. But I think there would be a lot of wear and tear from running renters through there because so much of those recreational things are made of plastic. A tiny house would be better built of more durable components, but the cost is relatively high and it was always going to be a tiny house - wouldn't grow up to be a small house someday where there would be more of it to love. So I decided to put the money into a moderate house. However, if I suddenly came into $35,000 - $80,000 I would consider buying one to use as a rental here on our mountain property because I think people would enjoy trying it out for a short stay.
Comment on Furniture - Apr 18, 2017 8:42 AM ()
Probably need some fuzzy stuff to put over the microphone on your camera to keep the wind noise down - easier said than done, like looking for the ears on a chicken.
Comment on The Point April 15 2017 - Apr 17, 2017 3:14 PM ()
I've thought about getting one of those adjustable beds, but haven't gotten around to it. Several times a week I wish a TV remote or my iPod had a locator on it like the phone handsets do. And there is a car key somewhere....
Comment on Being Out of It, Free Love Advice, Free Bed Advice - Apr 17, 2017 3:11 PM ()
Same for me - I haven't been in a good mood lately and can't be trusted to have civilized discourse.
Comment on Invisible - Apr 17, 2017 2:20 PM ()
Saw the title, immediately saw Ronald Reagan as the host of the Death Valley Days TV show brought to us by 20 Mule Team Borax. Looks like he was host from 1964 to 1965, and that must be the only time range I saw that show because I don't remember the other hosts. Hot and dry in Death Valley.
Comment on 20-mule Team - Apr 17, 2017 2:14 PM ()
We're all going to miss the Angel stories. What a sweet picture of her.
Comment on Angel's in Heaven - Apr 14, 2017 5:58 PM ()
That sounds like a good program for you. Do you share them with your neighbors?
Comment on Want a Magazine to Read? - Apr 10, 2017 9:08 PM ()

Page 1 of 802   Next >>   [8,015 comments found]